© 2016 by theatreLab Productions Proudly created with Wix.com

 

theatreLab is a not for profit company that relies on donations, fundraising, external funding and support from our partners to do our activity. theatreLab's core staff work on a voluntary basis. 

We are grateful to our partner Producer Works,  Bath School of Music and Performance  and Bath Spa  Productions for their ongoing support.

All funds given to theatreLab go towards supporting our activity which includes: the upkeep of the website, general administration, actors and directors wages and marketing materials that we print. 

Without these donations and support we could not continue with our activity. 

To make a donation through PayPal please donate here : 

PAINTING BY NUMBERS

14th May 6pm

 

If you ever need a lesson in comic timing, then see this production! Painting By Numbers delves into the pretentions of art and three artists who meet on a weekly basis to create it, and it is presented so with such contagious energy and, dare I say it, colour and light. This is why I spent 90% of this production smiling, the other 10% carefully orchestrated by the performers, because what’s comedy without a hint of tragedy. The script is fast paced, frantic and gets to the point, so much so, I had to research whether the play already existed; it does not, do not miss it! It is simple, precise and outrageously funny. It’s willingness to make a comedic stab at the pretentious comments and ideals of artists is refreshing to see. More often than not, as a creative, I find myself stuck trying to defend my work and my choice of career, and Painting By Numbers gave me the important lesson and permission to just let go and laugh at myself. The three actors were so in sync with an absolute openness and willingness to make a fool of themselves, physically and vocally, that you felt comfortable to laugh out loud. But also, their characters had warmth, were heartfelt and relatable. The finer details from the choreographed painting routines to the exhibition as you leave (a nice touch!) make this an all-round wonderful experience. If you don’t believe me, see it for yourself… you have to!

 

Daniel Thomas

Next performance of this show is 25th May 8pm

FOR SPARKFEST TICKETS 

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now